Besides being AWESOME, here are 10 Things About Buddy Hield you may or may not have known before joining the New Orleans Pelicans.
The entire country knows by now that Buddy Hield is a product of The Bahamas, Eight Mile Rock which is approximately 14 miles from Freeport and the largest settlement outside of Freeport. Grand Bahama. This area obtained its name from the eight miles of solid rock found along its shore line where Buddy calls home. The awesome thing about Buddy is that he doesn’t shy away from speaking proudly about his home town. Soon, the entire world will know about Buddy Hield, Eight Mile Rock and Buddy Buckets.
Here are some things which Buddy Hield recently revealed in a media session with the New Orleans Pelicans where he discussed his interests outside of basketball:
Top 10 Things About Buddy Hield
- Best moment as an athlete: “Experiencing being in the Final Four with Oklahoma last season.”
- How he chose his current uniform number of 24: “My hometown area code is 242. Also, Kobe Bryant wore 24.”
- Pregame ritual: “Listen to music and pray.”
- First job: “I mowed lawns. I made a lot of money doing it. I also bagged groceries and got tips from doing that.”
- Favorite athlete as a kid: “Kobe Bryant, by far, because of his mindset and how he attacked the game. He always talked about that.”
- What he’d be doing if he weren’t an NBA player: “I’d probably be a track athlete.”
- Favorite thing about New Orleans: “The people are just welcoming, open and always nice. Every time I go somewhere, people enjoy giving you places to try out. They are always looking out for me in the city.”
- Favorite type of music: “Reggae.”
- Favorite TV show: “Game of Thrones.”
- Favorite movies of all time: “I like action movies, but also adventure movies like The Hobbit and The Mummy.”
Watch a video clip where Buddy Hield is featured on an updated episode of NBA Rooks